Friday, December 31, 2010

Horse Feathers

Another New Year's Eve and once again we respectfully say "Horse Feathers" to all party invitations and outings of any sort, although the invitations are not so forthcoming as they used to be - wonder why? Maybe it's because we prefer to stay home and eat animal crackers and duck soup. Call us coconuts but we would rather spend a day at the races and a night at the opera than set foot outside the door and get up to any monkey business.

If you are not a Marx Brothers fan, then you may not have picked up on the movie references in the previous paragraph. However, if you are a fan you will know that there is a Marx Brothers marathon on TV tonight and that is where you will find us clad only in our pjs. Or as Groucho would have said "I spent New Year's Eve watching TV in my pajamas - how it got in my pajamas I'll never know!"

Since this is the last blog entry for A Maritime Home Companion I want to thank you all for reading my mental meanderings over the past year. It was fun and I appreciated all the comments - some of which were more fun to read than the stories.

A Maritime Home Companion may have run its course but it's only fair to warn that you haven't heard the last of me. So out with the old and in with the new - a Happy New Year to all and be on the lookout for my new blog, Digital Donuts - coming soon to an appliance near you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too...and FYI I am already in my pj's awaiting the movie marathon....enjoyed every blog and look forward to reading much more !
Jacqui

Judy said...

I can't believe it is the end of the blogs ... but glad there is still some writing on the horizon!! Happy New Year to you and all the other pj wearing people enjoying the marathon!!
I have loved ALL the blogs of 2010 ...thank you for making them available!!!