Thursday, July 29, 2010

Dinner with George

I had dinner with my new friend George the other night. He is a pretty popular guy and I wouldn't be surprised if some of you have dined with him too. It was an unexpected impromptu sort of a meal as I had planned on dining alone. My wife and son were out volunteering at the local Community Kitchen and I was left to fend for myself. I was tired after work and didn't feel like turning on a hot oven or firing up the barbecue. What to do? That is when I thought of George...

I haven't known George for a long time but he is getting to be a fixture around the house and has become like one of the family. He is a reliable sort and not fussy in the least - and he is quick and efficient in the kitchen.

At exactly 5:35 I had decided on a piece of steak, some roasted potatoes and fried onions. Like I said, I was tired so I left the cooking to George and at 5:43 sharp everything was ready - all I had to do was fill my plate and enjoy. Imagine that, everything done to perfection in only eight minutes - and no greasy mess or smelly kitchen to deal with. George takes particular pride in that fact and it is one of the things I like most about him. He is also proud that his cooking is not only quick and clean - but healthy too!

I guess when you come right down to it, you could call George a "lean, mean fat reducing cooking machine". Because that is what he is - a George Foreman Grill! I have heard of these for years but I didn't believe all the hype until now. This grill can handle just about anything you throw at it - beef, chicken, vegetables, hotdogs, grilled cheese - you name it. And it is fast and efficient because it cooks both from the top and the bottom.

As you may know, George Foreman was quite skilled in the boxing ring as well as in the kitchen and holds many world records and titles. He had a long career for a boxer and always surprised his fans and opponents by staging seemingly impossible comebacks. His professional record of 76 wins and 5 loses is nothing short of impressive - especially when you consider that 68 wins were by a knock out.

In this world of hype and Sham Wow marketing the George Foreman Grill knocked me out with excellent value at a fair price. George and I both recommend it to anyone who wants to eat well and feel like a champ!

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I had a love affair with George at one time......
Well now...George sits on my shelf in the basement gathering dust...!
If only I had known you wanted him !!
I know you would have given him a good home...!
Still have your receipt ? take him back and you can have mine ! LOL

Judy said...

WOW !!! I have heard the ads and seen the promos on TV, but this personal endorsement from you really has me wondering if I'm missing something I should be experiencing. Thanks for the thought provoking testimonial!