Thursday, April 15, 2010

Last week I decided it was time to haul the old equipment out of storage and hope it hasn't seized up over the winter. It has pretty much been stationary since last fall. As expected, the frame is a little bent but it is still sturdy even though it's beginning to show a little age. The seat is well worn and has a few wrinkles but it is still soft and serviceable. A couple of the valves are leaky and it has been losing air but that happens to all the older models. It is a little stiff and creaky at first but once I pump some fresh air into it and apply a little elbow grease everything works just fine. All in all it has held up pretty well all these years with minimal maintenance. But enough about my body, I just hope my bicycle is still in as good condition. And here is the reason why....

Meals on Wheels Fredericton is holding its first annual Wheels for Meals Bike-a-Thon on May 3oth 2010. I am looking for sponsors to help me raise money for this worthy cause. I will be attempting the grueling 20 km route so if you would like to sponsor me for $10.00 that would work out to about .50 cents per km - a pretty good deal assuming I make it the whole way (medics will be standing by....). I will be checking the comments section for your name and pledge amount - please sign up as soon as possible as this must be registered before May 24th.

Thanks for helping Meals on Wheels to continue providing nutritious, balanced and affordable meals to those who are in need of this assistance - hopefully I won't be one of them after the 20 km ride.

For more information click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to help you out..!
Jacqui

Tracy Walls said...

You made a typo!! Your 20km should say "40km"

Sandy said...

yup we are in for $ 10.00

Judy said...

I will sponsor you ...is it 20 km or 40 km? Either way I will sponsor you. I'll have my 'finance' girl be in touch with you. This is a very worthy cause!!